Saturday, November 14, 2009

seafood by the sea

What: It was my best friend's boyfriend's and a mutual friend's birthday. If that makes any sense.
Where: The Boathouse
When: Dinner
Why: Because my friend made me.
Verdict: I had stood in line for 3 hours in the early morning light in 5 degree coldness to shop the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection. The lack of warmth might explain my feeling of under the weatherness (and strange ability to make up words that vaguely mean something), so I wasn't feeling like the brightest of sun rays, but managed to pull myself together since it was someone's birthday. Despite the rumblings of my stomach prior to dinner, I really liked my meal.

I ordered the Seafood Chop Chop Salad, because it was light enough that my stomach could handle it and I liked saying "Chop chop." The shrimp was tender, the scallops sweet and the salmon delicious and I love the mustard vinaigrette. When my stomach is back to its full digestive powers, I'll have to come back and try some of the other seafood dishes. 


The Seafood Chop Chop Salad: Bay shrimp, sea scallops, smoked wild salmon, egg, tomatoes, cucumbers, wild greens tossed in stone-ground mustard vinaigrette.


No comments:

Post a Comment