Wednesday, November 11, 2009

v for vodka, not vendetta

What: Checking out the V Lounge at Earl's
Where: Right in the heart of Yaletown
When: Dinner
Why: After a much-needed little R&R at Skoah (thanks Ashley for the night-time moisturizing tips!), it was time for grub. We also had a coupon for a free appetizer/starter when one entree is ordered.
Verdict: A good place to unwind from the work day, check out the scene and watch drunken 30-year old douchebags hit on the waitresses and the poor girls sitting at the bar.


 Since it was $10 off Wines Wednesday, we ordered a bottle of Quails' Gate Pinot Noir from the Okanagan Valley. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I did like this fruity wine. It wasn't as dry as some of the other red wines I've tried before (and disliked).

 We ordered three starters to share before our entrees arrived:


  Italian meatballs topped with a slice of Provolone cheese and sweet tomato sauce. Delicious!
 
 Aha tuna stack with spicy wonton crisps. My friend (the chef) found the crisps a little too spicy and thought it overwhelmed the flavour of the tuna. I rather liked it.
 
 Spinach and feta ravioli with chopped tomatoes was very good. I wouldn't mind having a whole dish of this for dinner.
 

For my entree, I had the 7 oz. Certified Angus Beef Top Sirloin, cooked medium, with Mushrooms with Grilled Seasonal Fresh Vegetables and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Very filling. I would have done without the beets though, but that's my personal preference as I'm not a beet person (Dwight would not be pleased).

 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment