Wednesday, October 28, 2009

this little piggy went to the market

and had a very delicious dinner!

What: Belated birthday dinner for my friend, Shar.
Where: Market by Jean-Georges at the Shangri-La Hotel
When: Dinner
Why: Because I've heard good things about this place and I've been wanting to come for a long time.
Verdict: Damn good vegetables.

 
 My friend had the slowly cooked Arctic Char with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts, drizzled with truffle oil. I had a bite of her dish and it was a very light, delicately seasoned dish. I might have to come back just so I can order this dish!

 
I couldn't resist the urge to order a couple of vegetable side dishes to for my sampling pleasure. The roasted mushroom, jalapenos and garlic was delicious, but I found it a little oily and on the salty side.

The grilled broccoli with rabe Parmesan, lemon and olive oil was perfectly grilled. Not overdone at all and with a nice kick of flavour from the Parmesan.

Truffle mashed potatoes! You can't go wrong with mashed potatoes and this dish was divine!

Sauteed spinach with basil was yummy. I liked the how there was just a hint of basil flavour in the spinach. 

For dessert, my friend ordered the White Chocolate Pavlova with Yuzu sorbet and Thai Basil Syrup as her birthday treat. Happy Birthday Shar!

 
 
 A close-up of the white chocolate Pavlova and the surprisingly sweet Thai basil syrup. I could have done without the sorbet, or maybe if they had used a different flavour sorbet, but overall, it was a lovely light dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment