Monday, September 21, 2009

carbs are a good thing

What: Lunch
Where: Cafe Luxy
When: Sunday
Why: Pasta craving (I've been craving pasta for a while now, so I thought it was best to get it out of my system before something happens, like my brain exploding all over my keyboard at work for lack of carbs in my diet. I could only imagine the aftermath.)
Verdict: Good grub. All pasta dishes include a side of Caesar salad (tossed in the perfect amount of dressing) and a slice of garlic bread. I ordered the Penne Quattro Formagi (gorgonzola, brie, mozzarella, parmesan with a light cream sauce) and my dinner partner had the Lasagne Pollo (cream pesto, broccoli, chicken, mushrooms, 3 cheeses). I liked how my dish was creamy and cheesy, but not too creamy or cheesy to the point where you're done after three bites and you don't want anymore pasta for fear of becoming lactose intolerant.

Creamy, cheesy goodness. With a sprinkle of black pepper, of course.

I wasn't able to taste the Lasagne Pollo (it took some persuading to get a photo of the dish before it was swallowed whole in a matter of a few short minutes), but the verdict was good as well. The lasagna looks deceptively small, but it was filling enough to satisfy the appetite of the bottomless pit that is my dining partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment