Tuesday, September 15, 2009

q4: where gangstas go to get shot

A quote from a friend. LOL.

Last week, when I saw the email promotion for $10 pastas at Quattro on 4th, I was all over it and quickly made reservations for me and my friend to have dinner there Tuesday night. Well, we arrived on time at 5:30pm to what was virtually a ghost town of a restaurant (it started to pick up around 6PM, when people were getting off work). That's fine, as we got to pick the best seats in the house and we settled in for some good pasta. And it was very good pasta indeed. Shar ordered the Penne con Punte di Asparagi (penne with asparagus tips, Tagiasche olives, fresh tomato, in a white wine tomato sauce topped with toasted pine nuts) and I had the pasta of the day: cannolli stuffed with lamb and served in a light squash sauce. Very nice. I ordered the Shiraz to accompany my dish and my friend also ordered a glass of red wine, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I think the wine might have muddled by brain. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you...

Hot bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM.

Shar's Penne con Punte di Asparagi. I'm not a fan of olives (too salty), but this dish was still good. It was slightly spicy and the asaparagus was a nice touch. Although, I think it would have tasted better without the olives, but that's just my personal preference.

The special of the day. Really good. Just look at all that goodness.


Dessert was a dark chocolate brownie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice-cream and my friend had the filo pastry layered with sour cherries and mascarpone cream.

The brownie was so rich and moist and I preferred it over my friend's dessert. Despite there being sour cherries in the pastry, it was actually quite sweet. The filo pastry had been dusted with icing sugar and the cherry sauce was also sweet as well. And the sour cherries? Not so sour, apparently.

We had lovely service; an attentive server, but not too attentive since we were the only diners at the restaurant for a little while, which was really nice. I'm sure he was self-consciously putting up a fight with his inner waiter, in an effort to not smother us with attention as we poured over the menu, deciding which pasta dish to try. Only available from Mondays to Wednesdays this fall, you get a great deal on quality pasta dishes. For that price, you can order two dishes if you're really hungry! Just mind the flying bullets.

No comments:

Post a Comment